GraVoc Associates Inc. of Peabody, MA is a 25 year old technology solutions company with a growing IT Managed Services practice. We are seeking to add to our staff a Senior IT Solutions Engineer who can help our customers with:
• LAN/WAN design, implementation, support
• Physical/Virtual Server implementation and support
• Firewall and switch configuration
• Backup and recovery of infrastructure
• Maintaining IT Infrastructure operations either hosted or on premise
• Support in planning, maintenance and growth of IT infrastructure
This is a hands-on support role requiring a combination of remote support and travel to client sites for local support.
Senior IT Solutions Engineer
- Onsite and remote support of our customer’s LAN/WAN operations, including:
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- Administration of domain services
- Backup/restore of infrastructure
- Hardware and software configuration and implementation including email, remote access, and mobile devices
- Troubleshoot and fix end-user IT related issues.
- Timely and accurate resolution of technical issues including documentation of procedures and problem resolutions.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance policies and procedures to ensure that the network functions according to design and consistent with security standards.
- Patch management, antivirus updates, load balancing, disk cleanup etc.
- Availability during both regular business hours and after hours as required. There is also an on-call requirement on a rotational basis.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent experience and certification in technology
- Minimum of 3 years of prior work experience in a similar role maintaining local and wide area networks.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with virtualization either VMWare or Hyper V is essential.
- Microsoft, Cisco or VMWare certification is desired.
- Ideal candidates will demonstrate a deep understanding in most of the following:
- Windows Server (Version 2008 or higher)
- Microsoft Hyper V
- Windows Active Directory and domain administration
- VMware ESX(i) and vSphere (Version 6 or higher)
- Microsoft Exchange (Version 2012 or higher)
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems (Version 7 or higher)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft operating systems
- Microsoft Office 365 solutions and migration
- DNS (domain name system) services, administration and routing protocols
- LAN/WAN concepts and implementation skills
- SAN/NAS maintenance and administration
- Firewall/router configuration and maintenance
- IIS web certificates administration
- Power shell scripting
- We are looking for a highly motivated, dependable individual with excellent problem solving skills who will follow through on all assignments and exercise good judgement when needed.
*GraVoc Associates Inc. is an equal opportunity employer*