GraVoc Associates, Inc.
Peabody, MA (hybrid schedule)
GraVoc is a well-established technology consulting company located in Peabody, MA that is committed to solving business problems for our customers through the development, implementation, & support of technology-based solutions. We are experiencing rapid growth and are looking for a Senior WordPress Developer to be a primary leader on WordPress projects and support the build and maintenance of client sites in WordPress. You’ll be a technology leader and mentor for members of the development team. Helping your team navigate through projects, identify any issues, and find alternative solutions when problems arise.
- Build and maintain a variety of high-traffic websites – landing pages, e-commerce shops, marketing websites in WordPress
- Maintain internal and client websites to keep all licenses and software up to date and error-free
- Write maintainable, scalable standard-driven code
- Participate in the full development lifecycle (Concept to Completion), including estimation, design, development, testing, and deployment
- Collaborate with product owners and key stakeholders, designers and marketing teams to deliver the best approach and results
- Manage time appropriately and clearly communicate changes in effort or scope
- Stay up to date on new technology and techniques and educating the team
- 4+ years of related work experience as a lead WordPress Developer
- Experience in CMS development, with a strong focus on WordPress
- Built websites with WordPress and other OSS. Stronger consideration will go to those who have experience with server-side JS development, OO programming, agile workflows, or automated testing.
- In addition to an advanced command of WordPress, you have experience using git, and can work comfortably with Linux command line.
- Excellent communication skills, and can identify, understand, and implement new technologies.
- Strong portfolio with work samples showcasing expertise in web design and/or front-end development
- Experience with cross-browser, cross-platform development, and SEO implementation and strategy, UI/UX standard
- Knowledge of the WP template hierarchy and incorporating security best practices
- Experience working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work
- Ability to work collaboratively, remain open to feedback, and know how and when to defend development decisions
- Ability to define and propose projects in addition to building them
- Experience with Trello Project Management System, Microsoft Office 365 and Teams
Who We Are:
Founded by David and Catherine Gravel in 1994, GraVoc is a technology-consulting firm located in Peabody, Massachusetts. Since our inception, we have been committed to solving business problems for our customers through the development, implementation, & support of technology-based solutions. GraVoc specializes in four integrated practices, Software Solutions, Information Technology, Information Security and Creative Technology. We closely analyze our customers business processes, then design, build, deliver and support solutions uniquely tailored to their needs. We provide our customers with a single point of access to a comprehensive menu of services that meet all their business process management needs. We offer competitive salaries and have a full benefits package including health, dental, matching 401k and generous PTO time.