GraVoc Associates Inc. of Peabody, MA is seeking a Senior IT Consultant. GraVoc is an IT consulting firm providing a variety of services to our clients, including IT design, implementation/support of local and wide area networks (LAN/WAN), server hardware and software installation and support, and desktop helpdesk support. This position is responsible for supporting the continuous operation and performance of IT equipment, assist with business continuity and disaster recovery, ensure security and compliance with industry regulations, support end-user needs, assist in the development of procedural and support documentation, and oversee the maintenance and administration client and hosted networks. This is a hands-on support role requiring a combination of remote support and travel to client sites for local support.
Position Available: Senior IT Consultant
- Onsite and remote support of our clients local and wide area network operations, including ongoing performance monitoring and tuning, administration of domain services, backup/restore, hardware and software configuration and implementation including email, remote access, mobile devices, troubleshooting, break/fix, and end-user support functions.
- Manage the timely and accurate resolution of technical issues including documentation of procedures and problem resolutions.
- Implement preventative maintenance policies and procedures to ensure that the network functions according to design and consistent with security standards. Maintenance will include items such as patch management, antivirus, load balancing, disk cleans and defragments, etc.
- Availability during both regular business hours and after hours as required. There is also an on-call requirement on a rotational basis.
- Minimum of 3 years of prior experience maintaining local and wide area networks.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- Experience in providing end-user support for both network-related and local desktop issues is required.
- Experience with virtualization is required.
- Microsoft, Cisco or VMWare certification is desired.
- Ideal candidates will demonstrate a deep understanding in most of the following:
- Windows Server
- Microsoft Hyper V
- Windows Active Directory and domain administration
- VMware ESX(i) and vSphere
- Microsoft Exchange
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft operating systems
- Microsoft Office 365 solutions and migration
- DNS (domain name system) services, administration and routing protocols
- Local and wide area network concepts and implementation skills
- Storage area network maintenance and administration
- Firewall/router configuration and maintenance
- IIS web certificates administration
- Power shell scripting
- We are looking for a highly motivated, dependable individual with excellent problem solving skills who will follow through on all assignments and exercise good judgement when needed.
*GraVoc Associates Inc. is an equal opportunity employer*